Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Heavy Rotation: Day Job Woes

My commute has been mostly centered around the Yeah Yeah Yeah's EP, Is Is (you can listen & watch videos for the songs on their site) which is awesome. The sound and feel of the songs is pure garage rock - I'm particularly jealous of the guitar tones - and the tracks are totally cohesive... They probably could have been integrated into an album with more tracks that weren't in this vein, but it's really cool to have this set of tight, related, hook-ladden songs that are a work individually and as a whole.

Maybe I'll do ONLY EPs....

While interweb goofing at work I came across this sweet blog post: Do great songs really ever go unheard? - and someone posted a mention of a truly great songwriter, who, of course, is almost completely unheard of. I wish I had time now to go through everyone's posts, but alas, I have another blog to update....

Check him out: http://www.myspace.com/sjdmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment